Taking on any new goal, pursuing your dreams, and living the life your heart desires takes an incredible amount of courage. You may find yourself struggling internally with questions of whether you are smart enough, whether you have enough willpower, or even whether you deserve to go to this new place in life.
On top of that, many of us feel guilty for pursuing our dreams. We worry about taking time away from our spouse or kids or friends. Maybe we feel guilty for spending hard earned money to pay for training we need to meet a goal that may never work out. Or we feel guilty because we should be greatful for all we have and not wish for something more.
However, I encourage you to think about the inspiration you will provide to others who want to chase their dreams and how amazing and powerful you will feel once you put in the hard work to achieve things you may not have thought possible.
I believe we were put here to pursue our dreams, which means facing our fears. We must walk through the uncomfortable feelings of fear and self doubt to get to the place where we realize our wildest dreams.
So how do you do that?
One thing I have found to be helpful is simply choosing a few affirmations and saying them out loud, in the mirror, every single morning. Saying encouraging words to yourself puts you in the right frame of mind every morning and reminds you of what matters. Maybe you take one baby step every day towards a life you love.
Whether your goals are to improve your health, improve your finances, improve your relationships, or to go after a career you are passionate about, daily affirmations bring your biggest dreams and desires to the top of mind.
Check out the 35 courage affirmations below, choose a few that resonate with you, and begin the practice of saying them to yourself every day.
Affirmations for Facing Fear
1. I take action even when I feel fear
2. Today, I am living fearlessly
3. I choose to face my fear and reduce its power over me
4. I am capable of anything
5. I am bold, powerful, and invincible
6. I breathe in courage and breathe out fear
7. I have the courage to keep going
Courage Affirmations for Positive Energy
8. I radiate positive energy, and make courageous choices
9. Each struggle I face is an opportunity for growth
10. I release all fear, anxiety and stress, and replace it with calm confidence
11. I am surrounded by beauty and joy
12. I have already accomplished so many incredible things in my life
13. I get energy from trying new things
14. My positive energy encourages me and those around me
The secret to happiness is freedom…and the secret to freedom is courage.Thucydides
Affirmations to Overcome Obstacles
15. I can overcome anything that comes my way today
16. My past experiences have trained me to win this day
17. I feel and acknowledge fear, and move forward anyway
18. Today I will do difficult things that will bring me increased peace in the future
19. I am capable of doing hard things
20. I welcome the challenges I will face today
21. Bring it on
It is impossible to live without failing at something…unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case you fail by default.JK Rowling
Affirmations to Bring Peace
22. I am strong, brave, and kind
23. When I am true to myself, everyone wins
24. I am safe and secure regardless of my struggles
25. I will speak my truth
26. I am brave enough to forgive those who have hurt me
27. I trust my inner voice to guide me
28. My voice matters, and I will use it courageously
If one has courage, nothing can dim the light which shines from within.Maya Angelou
Affirmations to Chase Your Dreams
29. I am creating the exact life I want with each choice I make and each fear I overcome
30. I am inspiring others by facing my most difficult challenges
31. Today I will follow my heart and enjoy every minute
32. Every brave decision moves me closer to living the life of my dreams
33. I am committed to becoming the best version of myself
34. I have big dreams and I am proud to pursue them
35. I am unstoppable
Those are some of my favorite courage affirmations. Pick a few and recite them daily. Start your day with positive vibes and the intention to face any difficulties that arise with courage and energy.
Want to read more on building courage and confidence? Check out this post on power poses to boost confidence.