Mindfulness affirmations are a way to remind ourselves each day to increase our awareness, to be present, and to be grateful. Mindfulness and meditation are top tools used by many executives to manage the stress and pace of life. With a little practice, you can use mindfulness affirmations to bring calm and focused energy into your life as well.
So, what is mindfulness? The American Psychological Association defines it as “moment-to-moment awareness of one’s experience without judgment. In this sense, mindfulness is a state and not a trait.” It’s the practice of bringing your focus to the present moment and your present experience.
According to PositivePsychology.com, there’re many benefits of practicing daily affirmations, including decreasing stress and intentionally increasing healthy behaviors. In fact, there’s MRI evidence suggesting that certain neural pathways are increased when people practice self-affirmation tasks.
Practicing mindfulness affirmations is very simple, and can include picking one or more of the affirmations below and repeating it to yourself every morning, preferrably out loud and in front of a mirror.
Staying Present Mindfulness Affirmations
- I am fully engaged in the present moment.
- Here and now is where my power is.
- I am focused on what I can control.
- My time on Earth is limited and I want to be fully present in each moment.
- I feel content and happy.
- I have the power to change what does not serve me.
- I attract positivity and kindness.
- Every interaction I have today is valuable.
- I enjoy giving my undivided attention.
Acceptance & Gratitude Mindfulness Affirmations
- I love and accept myself just as I am.
- I approach others with love, respect and acceptance.
- I see beauty and goodness all around me.
- I have grattitude for simple pleasures.
- I am experiencing this moment without judgement.
- I appreciate my feelings and allow myself to feel them.
- When bad things happen, I am resillient.
- Every day I bring more gratitude into my life.
- I am greatful for the positive contribution I will make today.
Self Care Mindfulness Affirmations
- I am taking time to breathe.
- Today, I feel happy.
- I am excited and ready to take on this day.
- I am growing my inner peace.
- I am safe and secure.
- I run after my dreams and prioritize my goals and needs.
- To best care for others, I must first care for myself.
- I trust that I can handle anything that arises in this day.
- I release the pressure I put on myself.
Practice Affirmations Daily
As Tony Robbins famously said, “success leaves clues… people who produce outstanding results do specific things to create those results.” One of those clues seems to be a daily mindfulness or meditation practice. So many successful people have credited part of their success to this practice, including Oprah Winfrey, Arianna Huffington, Bill Gates, and Will Smith.
Note: Feel free to use any of the images in this blog post with a link back to this post!